Children’s Ministries Coordinator
Universal City United Methodist Church
90 Winn Avenue Universal City, TX 78148
Phone: 210-659-5555 and/or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-time Position, 20 to 25 hours per week, including Sunday mornings
Universal City United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time Children’s Ministry Coordinator to join our ministry team. Ideally, this person would hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and have some experience in children’s ministry, teaching, or related field. The individual we seek must have a passion for children and be able to enthusiastically support the development of their faith. He or she will collaborate with ministry staff and work with committees to meet the needs of our faith community.
Primary duties of the Children’s Ministry Coordinator will include:
· Overseeing/coordinating all programing and ministry for children from birth through elementary ages
· Recruiting and leading a well-balanced team of volunteers to accomplish this ministry (including Sunday School, Children’s Church, Vacation Bible School, Fiesta Bible Camp, mid-week programming, etc.)
· Coordinating a strategy to reach and connect new children and their families into the life of the church
· Caring for our children and their families by providing resources and teaching to enhance their spiritual growth
Critical skills will include:
· Strong relational and communication skills -- internal and external – to promote and create awareness around the program
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Strong computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, email, and social media
Some flexibility with work schedule is possible. Candidates new to children’s ministry work are welcome to apply.
At UCUMC we seek to continually discover God’s love. We share that love through the example of Christ, who inspires our discipleship to transform our community and our world.
Please send resume with cover letter and three references to email@example.com by Friday, March 2nd at 5 pm.