UNIVERSAL CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
HOURS: 12 to 15 hours per week, including weekends and some evenings.
- Provide the leadership for training and directing choir members. Conduct weekly rehearsals with the choir.
- Coordinate the presentation of special music from musicians both internal and external to the church to support traditional and blended worship services.
- Recruit, build and organize the adult members and constituents in the sanctuary choir.
- Coordinate and build volunteer base serving in the music ministry.
- Responsible for the presentation of special music at the 8:15 & 11 a.m. services.
- Coordinate special music for services on Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and the times when the sanctuary choir is on vacation or as other times as directed by Senior Pastor.
- Direct congregational singing during traditional and blended services.
- Organize special musical programming or Cantatas at Easter and/or Christmas.
- Ensure compliance with music and media licensing and copyright laws for traditional and blended worship services.
- In coordination with the Finance Chair for availability of funds, supervise the purchase and care of music for the traditional and blended worship services paying particular attention to the Church Year Calendar.
- Provide the Finance Committee with annual budget needs for music for traditional and blended worship services.
- Coordinate with the Finance Ministry Team Chair and bookkeeper before committing church funds- i.e., guest musicians, special music purchases, etc.
- Provide the Office Administrator with pertinent information for bulletin each week by 8 a.m. Wednesday morning for both worship services.
- Attend staff meetings when required by Senior Pastor, and /or meet with Senior Pastor and Assistant Music Director to regularly coordinate worship music.
- Attend the Worship Ministry Team meetings.
- Supervise Assistant Music Director and the Organist/Accompanist.
- Support and/or participate in 11 am worship music with Music Team as needed.
- Reports to the Senior Pastor with an annual evaluation of job performance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND APTITUDES:
- Faithful follower of Jesus Christ and is actively engaged in a Protestant faith community.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in music, or equivalent experience.
- Has a keen interest and online skills to seek out music, programs and worship ideas to suppMort ongoing development of music ministries at UCUMC.
- Has experience and familiarity with collaborative worship ministry planning and brings a spirit of joy to the position.